6.04.2008

Poetic Prerogatives

Bear with me on this one. I'm taking my creative lit liberties. In times of distress, why do we rack ourselves with tears? Leaping, grasping at, pushing airs together...until the clap. One day I'll make it--no hinges, no joints, no seams--just perfection. "Veins in marble can't be cut," it whispers, but...Even as I shiver, alone in a crowd, I feel. Yet do I feel it, stoke it, breathe it all in- Or do I forget myself, unmaking what I wrote already. Until that last step, that final stop, that silly thought: Ere I die Remember, please those Immortal cats 'N their eternities. On a less poetic note, but a more important one, one of my dear friends gave me this quote today, and I'd like to share it. "For you, my dear friends, the sky is the limit. You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the Church." --President Gordon Bitner Hinckley. Let's go twinkle! ;D

3 comments:

Cotter said...

i will ask around for your friend. if she needs somewhere to stay in between places we have a couch she could use. there isn't tons of room in our two bedroom condo but i would be more than happy to help her out. i promise she would get sick of spending time here way before we would get sick of her! oh and she might never want kids. i will ask cameron's cousins if they know of anyone!

Christin said...

Lets do twinkle, I love that, you are a great writer!

Jerkolas said...

Oh man Erik I just found your blog. This is fantastic. I have only seen the first few posts here, but anything that rags on Twilight with so much passion gets onto my google reader.