8.26.2009

...and you didn't think it could get better!

...Well, it did! Not only did I get engaged over the weekend, but I got a job offer. [Mental "YAY!!!" everytime I write, read, or say that.] Sorry to not share it immediately, but a guy has to keep his priorities straight. The engagement was way more important. And WAY more nerve-wracking. Details: Judicial Clerkship in Bountiful, Utah. Starting September 8, 2009. One year term. I get to research relevant statutory law, draft orders, opinions, and bench memos. Basically, a super-qualified, inexperienced personal assistant to a judge. And perhaps most importantly, it pays the bills, keeps me close to the fiancee (she also has a job in Bountiful), and basically fell right into my lap. Miracles Numbers 5, 6, 7, and 8, respectively. I hate to toot my own horn, but I just feel so blessed. Alright, I probably don't hate to toot my own horn, otherwise I wouldn't have this blog, but I still feel so, so stinking blessed. If anyone wants a 10 minute talk on faith, perseverance, and miracles, I'm your man.

11 comments:

Gary said...

Congratulations on both the engagement and the job. I spent a year clerking in the 4th District and I really value the experience.

t.t.turner said...

We've been praying like crazy for you - I knew things would come together! Congratulations, that's WONDERFUL! You deserve it.

madelyn said...

Way to go Eric! I'm glad things are going so well for you, you definitely deserve it!

Blake said...

Dude, you are seriously the man. Will you still be able to do LSAT stuff on the side? I just referred one of my friends to you (Jesse), and I'm pretty sure he was going to hit you up, if he hasn't already. Congrats!

Rachel said...

!!!!!!!!!

I could not be more happy for you.

Jerkolas said...

Boy, and I did think it couldn't get any better and then you went and did it...you made it even better! Congrats!

scott j said...

ohhh....ohhh....mistah kot-ter mistah kot-ter....me! i want a ten minute talk on faith, perseverance and miracles. Congratulations. and go ahead toot your own horn all day and night if you like, you have clearly worked for it.

April Celeste Garff said...

Glad to hear that everything is going so perfectly in your life! You lucky dog!

bets said...

so, i got a call from my brother-in-law yesterday, dave read. apparently, you guys will be working together? that's so awesome! we'll have to have chats through him ;). i feel so much closer to you now...

Andria said...

Hello from blogland. CONGRATULATIONS on the good news. That proposal story was hilarious and made me laugh out loud.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Holy Crapulations! I'm so happy for you! We'll be doing a federal clerkship as well, except in Alaska...boo.