9.15.2009

Five Weeks...Four Days

Until The Day. And yes, for those who might ask, I am counting. I almost hate to admit this, but I can understand now why so many Baby Mommy Bloggers put up widgets of their floating unborn fetuses replete with countdown (if you don't know what I'm talking about just surf the blogosphere for about 20 minutes), write for post after post upon post about how absolutely adorable their unique, one-of-a-kind baby is, gush about how perfect his or her bodily functions are, and wax eloquent about the joy of noxious smells and sounds that motherhood is. Why? Because I am daily tempted to Put up a widget declaring "It's only W Days, X Hours, Y Minutes, and Z Seconds 'til Hitchin Time!" or Write about how lovely it is when my recently-taken-ill Sweetheart coughs her guts out, sniffles, and then snuggles firmly into my shoulder for a quick nap. or Gush on and on about how no one else could be more beautiful, more amazing, or more fun to be with. or Share our recent mattress buying experience ("Too fresh, still too fresh..."). sigh Am I on the edge of becoming a Baby Mommy's Hubby Blogger? And did I just smile after writing that?

9 comments:

Shelly! said...

Yes.

And for future reference, since you're about to join us, it's Baby Mama. Not Baby Mommy. That's a little too hip and fresh.

Christin said...

Engaged people are so gross. I guess the ickiness starts with engagement and moves onto babies. Luvs!

Merry said...

Bring it on, Eric!

Sarah said...

I would say don't knock the baby mama thing till you try it but that seems a little off. I'm excited for you guys!

Barb said...

It's a whole new world!

David said...

I'm ready for you to get back to politics. It's such a good season for it at the moment.

Daniel Hunter said...

Yes & yes!! Congratulations :)

April Celeste Garff said...

It's a fun world to join. But can you really blame people for being so happy? Glad to hear everything is going so well for you--you deserve it!!!

Andria said...

I just laughed out loud. Snorted...the works. My husband would have found it adorable, once upon a time, in the engaement phase. :)
Congrats!